SoundSmith cartridges how good?

And how do they compare to others. Forget about cost just thoughts on sonics? Obviously if matched with correct tonearm.
rsf507
Peter Ledermann did Zoom interview for our Group last summer.
I was very impressed with the fact that they will a rebuild stylus
for anything they make. I do not think other makers offer that do they?
His company was chosen by B&O to handle all their repair work
for years.
Recently B&O decided to rejuvenate about 90 of the old
straight across (Sorry forgot model) turntable  and asked Peter
to do the work. I believe I heard these rehabbed units will be offered 
at about $10k. 

A member of our group, AZAVCLUB sent his old B&O in for a rehab after hearing the story. He said the work was performed in the window promised for less that the quoted cost range.

Peter also started a charity that he operates which helps children who were once slaves readapt to society. If you buy the music they offer on his site a portion goes to the charity.

That said Peter is not a young man and has a lot of balls in the air.

Anyone who does some research about companies before they buy 
will see a few good reasons to choose Sound-Smith.

Thank you Peter for setting an example of what a quality human being can be.
@glupson 

Yep, I get it. My Goldring 1042 may be the easiest as it simply slides on. My Ortofon Mono I find a pain in the rear, to me. Snapping in that rear tab is a bit clumsy.

I use the guard almost nightly, as I cover my SOTA with a cloth/vinyl soft cover, and cautious out the cover snagging the cart/stylus. So perhaps I’ve gotten used to it. My biggest ‘getting used to’ was sliding it on over the stylus guard area initially. Perhaps my fingers are smaller, as I find ‘unclipping’ the guard perhaps easier than you. Nice thing is, I slide it over my lift lever, so it’s alway there and does not get lost on the plinth somewhere, or easily knocked-off.
bkeske,

You are fast. I just edited my post above to reflect what I tried in the meantime.

This lift lever placement is ingenious. Thanks. I have always been looking not to lose the cover.
@rsf507,

It was an easy decision for me because I got mine new @ 40% off. If cost is your main driver, I'd have no problem buying used and have it re-tipped if needed. SoundSmith is a lifetime investment.
In reference to Soundsmiths customer phone service responses. Somebody had contacted Soundsmith and had a negative interaction with whoever picked up. Dude, you’re lucky they picked up at all. Typically, it goes to voice mail. I believe one responder said it all very well. Quirky, eccentric, and very busy independent shop, but exceptional quality cartridges built and/or repaired by Paul himself, and a handful of coworkers with lifetimes in audio experience, dedicated and passionate. Exactly the kind of business model I prefer to support with my patronage, not to mention they have the ultimate stylus for the Grace F-9 cartridge to keep my Acoustic Research ES-1 turntable playing sweet music years to come. My personal experience is, I don’t know crap  about cartridges. I emailed them. Got a response completely educating me, from Paul himself. So I then call and left a message about ordering and shipping. Paul himself calls me back. That kind of personal service is a rarity with any kind of business. Much respect for Soundsmith.