WILSON AUDIO.....BIG NAME, BIG PRICE........ARE THEY THAT GOOD?

Are Wilsons the best? are they worth the money? Looking at used watt puppy 8 or Sophia 3. 
jeffvegas
For the price, I prefer Rockports. Wilson’s sound a bit more clinical to my ear....
@jeffvegas, your 300 watt Krell is more than enough to drive the 3.7s into distortion. You have the right idea for sure. You might also look for a pair of Acoustat 2+2's. They do come up once in a while. Sound Labs not so much. Those of us who are into speakers of that type really have no where else to go except maybe into a bigger Sound Labs. Dynamic speakers need not apply. The Tektons will play loud and that is about it. Their sound is best described as ....fractured. Go with the 3.7i's and set up a Sound Labs piggy bank account. 
I suspect you are going to get a wide range of opinions on this, all the way from Wilsons are great to they are overpriced garbage.  You need to make up your own mind, of course.  I just bought new Sabrinas on closeout, for a subtantial discount.  I heard them during an extended audition a few years back and thought it was some of the best sound I have ever heard.  I have heard other Wilson's over the years, going back to seeing David Wilson demo early Watt/Puppies back about 1989, and I have always, always come away very impressed, in spite of the price tags, and the at times, a design that I don't find particularly appealing.  There are a LOT of speaker manufacturers out there, and always the possibility of something better lurking around the corner.  I had Magnepan 3.7i's before - they worked very well in a space that I had before, but not so well in the space where I live now.  Lots of factors here - the space, your electronics, and how you hear music.
Wilson makes Phenomenal  Speaker's. Big fan since the early 90's IMO probably one of the BEST. The WATT PUPPY's the WITT's and the Sophia all sound great with the start of the Watt Puppy V However they are not for the budget audiophile. You can get a great deal in the used market place. You need to inspect very well. The Majority of people have cared meticulously for these speakers. Be careful of the products that have been repaired, modified or upgraded by the non experienced DIY's 
The Sasha DAW sound incredible 15k - 28k price range.
If you have the cash give them a try. The Watt, Witts and the Sophia can be driven nicely with moderately priced electronics. They are that good.