Classical Music for Aficionados

I would like to start a thread, similar to Orpheus’ jazz site, for lovers of classical music.
I will list some of my favorite recordings, CDs as well as LP’s. While good sound is not a prime requisite, it will be a consideration.
  Classical music lovers please feel free to add to my lists.
Discussion of musical and recording issues will be welcome.

I’ll start with a list of CDs.  Records to follow in a later post.

Berlioz: Symphonie Fantastique.  Chesky  — Royal Phil. Orch.  Freccia, conductor.
Mahler:  Des Knaben Wunderhorn.  Vanguard Classics — Vienna Festival Orch. Prohaska, conductor.
Prokofiev:  Scythian Suite et. al.  DG  — Chicago Symphony  Abbado, conductor.
Brahms: Symphony #1.  Chesky — London Symph. Orch.  Horenstein, conductor.
Stravinsky: L’Histoire du Soldat. HDTT — Ars Nova.  Mandell, conductor.
Rachmaninoff: Symphonic Dances. Analogue Productions. — Dallas Symph Orch. Johanos, cond.
Respighi: Roman Festivals et. al. Chesky — Royal Phil. Orch. Freccia, conductor.

All of the above happen to be great sounding recordings, but, as I said, sonics is not a prerequisite.

128x128rvpiano
With your class jim I thought as much .

Bought the only 2 others in Amazon yesterday.
The violin con,.and my short elderly forget at the moment .

Post removed 
For you Mahler fans, I just rediscovered an incredible performance and sound spectacular in SACD form of Mahler’s 6th Symphony on Telarc, conducted by Benjamin Zander with the Philharmonia Orchestra.
To me, it’s an overwhelmingly beautiful rendering in maybe the best recorded orchestral sound I’ve ever heard. It’s a three SACD set on which the conductor also shrewdly analyzes the work.
Truly an extraordinary disc set.
This is one the best recording of one of THE greatest Symphony’s , it seems little heard .Certainly the most coherent !

https://youtu.be/hVS1OsA2h8o?t=2

My fave Orchestra is the Bavarian Radio Symphony and has been
for about 30 Years, In all that time never heard a blip.

Check this small clip with  wonderful early 6-8 Haydn Symphony's which every real music aficionado should hear.
They where written when Haydn wrote what he wanted , not what
his master wanted to hear . How sad can that be !

https://youtu.be/bqcVD0od1rc?t=1