A DAC that ought to be better known: RME

I just bought a RME ADI-2 DAC on the recommendation of some technological minded audiophiles on another site and am delighted with the sound quality and price point. It isn’t especially user friendly and the multi page user manual is complicated. Plus the DAC has equalization and a great headphone amp, all in a small package. I always thought the Exogal was a great performer but the RME strikes me as superior, especially considering the significantly lower price. I listen to a lot of chamber music and it conveys the timbre of the string instruments exceptionally well. Plus, for the first time in a long while I can actually read the screen and see what’s happening. If anyone out there is looking for a DAC this is worth at least investigating. 
128x128rtorchia
Adg101 I am going to take your advice on the settings. It’s very confusing about the power upgrade because one gets diverging opinions. But if you all hear a difference it’s difficult to argue with you. I see a Pardo in my future.
i think some of the good lps makers do offer a money back trial -- that makes the venture an easier one...
Teddy Pardo are made and sold direct out of Israel so I doubt with shipping they would do a return but the sBooster may be one from Upscale Audio that does. Can’t speak for the others but I’m sure they are close in performance. I chose the Teddy based on positive comments from actual users and I prefer the appearance of it over the sBooster. I’m considering a Teddy for both my ProJect Xtension 10 table and Parks Audio Budgie phono preamp. Probably start with the Budgie as I really question on a turntable motor it will make a difference but ProJect recently came out with a linear supply as an upgrade for my table so who knows?

Before I upgraded to the Teddy I was using a custom power cord I made to go to the switch supply from the wall and that made an improvement, which convinced me if a power cord on the stock switch supply can make an improvement then surely a different supply would do as well and it did. I would suggest trying a power cord first to see if you hear a difference. The cord I made is the same one I also built for my Bluesound Vault 2 which also made an improvement with its internal switched PS. There’s been many discussions on the Bluesound players on upgrading the C7 type power cord so you can find several recommendations by others there under Bluesound Node and Vault players. Another nice thing about adding a linear supply is most have the more typical IEC inlet for more common cords.
I see another on from Small Green Computer that is about half the price of the Teddy and the Sbooster. Anyone know anything about this guy? 
I would feel better about ordering within the US than something out of Israel just from a shipping and returns standpoint. Also emailed Teddy with some questions and no response. That being said if it’s better I may consider. 
Teddy Pardo responded to me quickly. I have heard that Small Green Computer is a good, innovative company but have no personal experience.