Someone please talk me out of this

I use KEF Reference 1s supplemented by a pair of Velodyne HGS-15s controlled by a SMS-1 bass manager that provides acoustic room correction. I think the sound is superb even with large orchestrations since I raised the crossover of the subs from 40 to 80 Hz. BUT I think I’ve found a pair of KEF Reference 207/2s for $7200, and I’m very tempted. The preamp is an Ayre KX-5/20, amp VX-5/20, sources Roon via QX-5/20 and discs via DX-5 DSD. I previously used KEF 107/2s that I loved. but I suspect the combination of Ref. 1s and HGS-15s is superior.
Ag insider logo xs@2xdbphd
$7000 is the amount you can contribute to your IRA with the "catch up" if you are 50 or older.

Send the money into your IRA and it won't be burning a hole in your pocket.

Hope that helps
someone holding a phd (or at least wishing he/she did) shouldn't need to be talked out of doing something so stupid...  😆😆😆😆😆
Well you’ve had both, which do you prefer?  Maybe buy the207/2’s, do a shootout and sell the pair you don’t like better!

I am shooting from the hip here but the references should be more open, detailed and have razor sharp highs.  The 207/2’s are fuller, more rich, laid back, bigger sounding... 

I dont think the 207/2’s are a silly thing to be considering...

IRA = individual reference account

go have fun, you can be frugal next year....