The Lifespan of an LP?

How many times can one play a new vinyl lp before the sound noticeably degrades? For the purpose of the exercise, assume one takes decent care of the record and has a properly set up and maintained, good quality deck and stylus. My system has been taking quantum leaps in quality over the last three years and I find myself buying more mint and near-mint vintage  records on Discogs and audiophile remastered records from MoFi etc. Thanks!
heilbron
I have a CD that was.....recalled (yes, you read it correctly). Years later, it still plays just fine.
You will wear out your stylus before you will wear down the vinyl. I have some records that are over 40-55 years old and still sound great..
I also use LAST tape head preservative before playing each cassette. Takes only a few seconds to apply. Great stuff. Again, slightly better sound and most important - virtually no wear of the reproduction head. Of course, I also clean the head every 10 hours of play or so.
8 molecule deep, LAST vinyl preservative. Trust Walter Davis of LAST, he knows the way.
The CD is about to turn 40 next year and so far there have been very few reports of CDs failing.
?? I've had a few of them fail for no good reason. I think everyone has- heck, I've bought a couple brand new and found them to be unplayable.  If something happens to the TOC the disk becomes unplayable. At any rate, you can add my report to those few that you know of.

1+ Ralph, I have had plenty of bad CDs. Plenty of bad records also. Back in the 70's there was a lot of trouble with HCL gas coming from the break down of PVC during the molding process creating little bubbles in the plastic.  I must have returned 25-30 records back then. All American. Never had this problem with a European label although I have gotten a few noisy Phillips and DGG discs over the years. 
@antinn , thanks for the links!