Anyone running a tube preamp with a Pass XA25?

I've got a Pass XA25 and an XP12, great combo, no issues. Having said that, I'm curious how a tube pre might play with an XA25? Anyone running a combo? Thoughts? Impressions? No need for balanced out, a line stage is what I need. Thanks all!
geof3
@cellorover

i am curious to have you describe the sonic difference between the cj et5 and the newer et7-2 you have experienced...

i currently have the et-5 (and an older prem 16 ls2 too), i had a gat for almost a year a while back, but i felt it was a little too edgy/forward for my taste, after much tube rolling to tone it down a touch - for me the et5 lives at a very good middle ground between the old cj honey colored soft bass/treble sound to the thoroughly modern ’details in your face’ sound...

also, if you don’t mind, pls tell us the rest of your system (i checked your ’details’ did not see a system listed)

@geof3 - apologies for the minor threadjack ...
If you require a tube preamp, I recommend an Atmasphere MP-1 or MP-3, depending upon your budget.
The former gives my Ayre KX-R a run for the money.
@OP, 
If you could accept a SS preamp, then the Ayre KX-R would be my choice.
Bob
@jjss49 
Good question. The ET5 and ET7S2 are cut from the same cloth but the ET7S2 has little bit more of everything that the ET5 has. A little smoother, dynamic, and cleaner. So, the sound opens up and just seems more natural. It is more engaging. It takes time to hear the different but it is there. I will keep the ET7S2. We can talk off line if you want to dig in deeper.

My system or maybe my collection: speakers - Penaudio Serenade Signatures, Penaudio Cenya Signatures, Penaudio Sara S, Penaudio Charisma/Chara. Amps: CJ Classic 120SE, CJ CAV 45S2, Herron Audio M1As, Resolution Audio M100s, Pass XA25, Wadia 151. Preamp: CJ ET7S2. Source: Resolution Audio Cantata Music Center 3.0, Innuos ZenMk III. Cables: Black Cat Setsuna ICs and Black Cat Lupo III speaker wires.  Graitech power cords. Blue Circle power line conditioner. 

To avoid more of the "threadjack" we can also talk about the trial and error off line. I gave up vinyl may years ago when we had small kids. I do miss vinyl.

@cellorover

thank you for your reply, helpful!

good to see the list of components in your system too! i somehow get the distinct impression you like penaudio speakers and cj tube gear !!!  😆😆😆

... and now back to geof’s regular scheduled programming...

@geof3 How do you like the Rogue RP5 and Pass XA25 combo vs your Pass XP12 combo? Does the tube preamp improve on the Pass preamp in yoir system?
Asking cause I had the Rogue RP5 running into the Pass XA25 and I felt that my system sounded too lean; the midbass punch was missing. I swapped the Rogue RP5 for a Cary SLP98 and then the Cary SLP05 and both the Cary preamps added the missing warmth and midbass punch.