Disappointment with Pass Labs - I'm looking for something else

Hello, I am new to this forum and my mother tongue is not English, so please forgive me if I make mistakes as I use a translator.

I recently bought an XA30.8 and an XP12. I was very happy but as time went by I began to not feel comfortable with the sound.
After doing many tests, I find that the XA30.8 sounds very very sweet but actually too much. I find it to be a loosely defined amp, somewhat muddy and lacks a lot of air and grip. The soundstage is very closed.

The XP-12 is the worst of the two. It is a previous that removes a lot of resolution and information, without transient attacks and sunken mid frequencies. Instead it brings warmth.

Has anyone of you found the same?

If you ask me, I have a Klipsch Cornwall and a dCS BArtok.

Now I want a capable amp, forceful, something warm, decisive, airy and with a great soundstage.

At first I thought of changing my XA30.8 for X250.8, and changing the XP-12 for a second-hand Audio Research Ref5. I am afraid of this change and continue with Pass, since I can go back to the same thing a bit.

On the other hand I have thought of going for a Luxman 900 combo, since it has very good reviews and from what I have read it could be the winning ticket.
opm
@mikem 

All amplifiers that I would love to hear. Regardless of the order that you purchased them, as you sit back now what is your order of preference for the three?

@jetter 
All dependent on your speakers..
The SIT3 is very special..  it’s very SET like..  upfront presentation, black quiet background where music emerges effortlessly..  unlike anything I ever owned..  my first choice if you have the right speakers. The XA25 is a close 2nd, more power to drive most speakers, more heft/weight to demanding peaks than the SIT3, but not as “live” sounding when compared to the SIT3 . Very transparent and non fatiguing. I listened for hours on end, makes you want to open it up and look inside for hidden tubes.
Leaning to the right of neutral. I had a hard time letting it go. I kept them both, but not very practical as I Have another pass amp in the other room.
I only heard the 30.8  at a friends house in his system. That’s what inspired me to get the XA25 as the 30.8 is massive! It has a similar pass house sound. Leaning to the warm side of neutral. But has lots of dynamics. You can tell the power supply and amp is underrated as it’s like always wanting to present itself in a dynamic way, very transparent. My friend is using it with very sensitive Horn hybrid type speakers, I don’t think it’s a good match personally at 102 DB sensitivity, I would be using a 2A3 monos. I’m surprised it’s quiet enough to be used with such a sensitive speaker, but it is dead quiet background. Really speaks to pass designs. I was quite happy with just the XA25, but I had the opportunity to get a new SIT3  amp, one of the last ones to be sold out of the 250 that were made...  
im enjoying these lower powered amps. They’re easier to move and purchase and they make you realize just how powerful a few watts can be.

@mikem  

Your taking the time to write about your first hand experience with these three amps is very much appreciated.  From what you describe, and my own reading, I think I am most interested in purchasing the XA25.  I really should sell a couple of lesser amps that I have here first. 

By the way, was heat generated by the XA25 a problem at all?  Living here in Vermont it would be a plus for me in the winter.

Thanks
George
@decooney 
I recently did the XP12 to 22 switch. It is more of everything as many have stated. To the point where I can hear the differences from another room in the house. My wife even can hear the difference and her only interest in this is how much I spend.. 
I did this on an in home trial, when I sent back the xp12,  He told me none the XP22’s  has ever been returned.
apparently the 22 uses a different topology, it’s not just a separate chassis for the PS. 

@jetter
my pleasure.. I’m addicted to the music !! Glad to share..
I had the XA25 on an amp stand between the speakers, so it gets lots of breathing room. the heat sinks get quite warm, but it doesn’t heat up the room.. I live in NC and it was easy to live with in the summer. It really is a wonderful amp, using only 2 output devices per side vs 20 per side in the 30.8
Its not just an entry model, it’s based on a different output device that is simpler and require less supporting circuitry.. it’s a gem ! Good luck !