Some interesting stats from Discogs

Seems the state of analog and vinyl in particular are growing with a vengeance. Fascinating.

https://blog.discogs.com/en/discogs-end-of-year-report-2020/?utm_source=dashboard&utm_medium=das...
geof3
@varchard - my journey was very similar to yours. I was hooked after my first visit to a local record shop a few years ago. The thrill of digging through the used bins for hidden gems. I’m still blown away that I can find an LP that was pressed 50+ years ago that still sounds amazing today. Pre-covid I was in a record shop about every weekend, sought out local shops when on vacation. Haven’t physically been in a shop in almost a year now and I really miss it. Hopefully again soon.
@bjp9738 - I live within a mile of two small shops that are mostly empty mid day so I’ve been hitting them up weekly but I can’t wait to venture further out to see more stores. I live in the Bay Area of CA and there are dozens of shops to see. Soon I hope!
That's good. I also think people are getting tired of computers everywhere. Computers have no substance really.
It has been growing for quite some time now and i know why there is no personal relationship with a collection of music on a computer, or streamer, or hard drive, or ipod, or mp3 player. It is just not fun like analog and vinyl is.
@inna6

" Computers have no substance really " ,, but your using it right now and connecting with like minded people. That has so much value added.

Ya, I'm tire of the "computer" life too but, my world is now surrounded by it so, I embrace it. Now if only I could figure out how to get out of this chair.