Magic returns in seldom used bookshelves?

Has anyone else pulled out a pair of less expensive ( in this case a pair of Ascend Sierra 2 non ex) speakers and really consider returning them to the "main" system.  I currently have a pair of really really nice Salk Song 3 BeAts ( mine are the ones on Jim's site in Fireburst Carpathian Elm Burl...gorgeous they are) and while I really really like them they have rarely if ever given me that "chills big huge smile" on several songs like the little Sierra's do? Everything else in system has remained consistent, but man on man, am I crazy to be considering selling my Salks and upgrading my little Sierra's to the new ex version for a nominal cost?
menosavy
You may be really sensitive to driver time alignment?  Some people like smaller speakers since they tend to time really well.  Why not keep and enjoy both?
I’ve had the Sierra2’s and very much enjoyed them. Heard nothing but accolades for the ex upgrade.
Since you like the Sierra sound, have you considered the towers with their superior RAAL tweeter?
This stuff happens more often than you’d think. I could share an anecdote on some Vandy 2Ce Sig IIs that would make your experience seem rather vapid but some here would get bent out of shape. 

Trust your ears.