Funny how streaming/digital still chases that analog benchmark.

Funny how manufacturers of streaming and digital gear continues to chase that elusive analog sound. I thought digital was better?

Before you all get your panties in a wad I enjoy both Digital and Analog but much rather listen to an analog source than digital.

So today I see  Innuos Introduces The PhoenixNET – A Network Switch For Audiophiles @ only $3500.00

Guess I do not see the point you can get superior sound for say $2500 or less with a decent turntable cartridge combo and phono stage. Hell Clear Audio has an all in one for $2500.

I just don’t get it and I do not care to either.
128x128skypunk
Under what username was that?

Anyways, under all usernames you used in the past 12-14 months you surfaced here I only remember you talking about your elaborate acoustic treatment, although never provided any specific even on those. Not a word for your equipment or speakers.

Can you at least mention what speakers you have? Throw people a bone here you genius.

audio2design1,181 posts02-28-2021 8:08pmI have listed out pieces of my system in threads here, but don't feel a need to boast about it for street cred. However, I do have mid-5 figures into my room, which was designed from scratch and configured for proper acoustics ... which I know there are much more expensive, but honestly, that is about all you need to know. This is I think the only thread you posted in lexx21 and you have pretty much acted like a petulent drunk teenager. I owe you nothing, and have shown you far more tolerance than you deserved.
I'm probably older than you are bud. Petulant behavior is what comes from your corner of the ring.
Glupson like I said you are welcome to come over anytime you like and listen to some good music. It would be nice to hang out with a fellow audiophile for a while and compare brain waves.
(popcorn popped, libation in hand, watching the floor show....)

This is Great!  I'm not really concerned about the potential M.I.'s (Multiple Identities....It adds to the general chaos....*smirk*)...

I'm just going to sit back and lurk further....no need to add to the hilarity of it all.....

@lexx2....don't compare brain waves, noooo...flat liners are scary.....*LOL*
I like both. I prefer vinyl. But I agree with the OP on the initial point. To brag up their DACs, manufacturers talk of their analogue-ness. That's a fact. They do.
No analogue music company brags about how digital their product sounds. They just don't.

Lots of people making tofu will tell you that they can prepare it in such a way that it tastes just like meat. But no one making dinner with meat would ever prepare it in such a way so that it tasted like tofu.