to buy or not to buy (ultrasonic record cleaner)

Hi Audiogoners,

So I have been considering investing in an ultrasonic record cleaning maching. Prob like some of you I question the ROI. So. I have a friend that purchased one and luckily he allowed me to take it for a spin (no pun intended).

I wanted to compare the results to my record cleaning system which is a Spin clean ($150) and a Record doctor record Vacuum ($300). I wont say what brand of ultrasonic cleaner I tested as not to disparage, or promote that brand publicly to be fair. if you want to know which one you can send me a private msg.

so to keep it simple I will let you judge for yourself. I have posted two pics taken with a USB microscope to my virtual systems page. Test1 and test 2. One of these pics was taken after cleaning with my system and the other with the ultrasonic cleaner

Can you tell which one is the ultrasonic??

should be intersting
barnettk
Before buying a Degritter, I researched what the Library of Congress, Better-Records and many, many dealers use: The Keith Monks RCM. You apply their special fluid to the record which spins on a TT-like plater with a brush and then a TT-like arm with a nozzle on its end attached to a German medical grade vacuum pump cleans up every bit of dirty fluid. The pump is so powerful that it can pull the record off the plater. So, the record is completely cleaned leaving no residue what so ever. And the whole process takes a little over a minute. They offer several models ranging from $1500 to $2700.

@mglik 

Micheal Fremer did a review of this type machine on YouTube. It was rather impressive. Thanks for the info. 
Keith Monks is the very best of all vacuum type RCM, there is no doubt about it.  However, it is not ultra sonic and thus can not clean down to 2-5 microns (the deepest bottom of record grooves).  There are many opinions on which method to use and in some cases people choose to use more than one method, basically as a regimen.  All are worthy of researching.  Do enjoy the process.
By the way, I just completed a dozen records cleaned in the Degritter.  My tubes are warming up now and I'll soon be playing some records to listen for proof in the pudding (so to speak).  I have to say, the materials, build quality, and fit & finish is absolutely first class.  The menu and operating system are very simple to navigate & operate.  Functionally, this machine is an absolute gem.  Listening to some records today should be good.  Listening to more, later tonight, should be even better.  Music always seems to be better in the evening, when the light is a bit dim.  Maybe a couple glasses of wine adds to that...😊
Mammonthguy54. 
Funny how that music sounds better in dim lighting. Just like things sound louder at night overall. Maybe record cleaners clean better at night too! Just saying