MHDT Orchid TUBE ROLLING

Interested in hearing about tube rolling experiences with the Orchid and other MHDT dacs, namely, the specific comparative sonic characteristics of the various 396a, 5670 and other compatible tubes used in the output buffer. My only experience is with the WE396a that Linear Tube Audio installed in my new Orchid.
pmboyd
I considered the garage 1217 adapter 5670 to 6922 couple months ago. I also hear some using a 5670 to 6sn7 adapter. Anyone try the 6sn7 in the MHDT. I have a lot of 6922’s but even more of the 6sn7’s. I’m going to order the 6922 and 6sn7 adapter after reading this and see what happens, hopefully nothing is going to burst into flames.

nothing will burst into flames... the 6sn7 adapter from garage 1217 is a quality piece, and it is fun to try many 6sn7 variants old and new... lovely sound, very airy, can roll tubes to achieve euphonic coloration or drive and transparency

significantly more variation is sq from various 6sn7’s than 6dj8s (via that adapter) and much more than 2c51/5670’s which has a narrow field of choice

just know that in all these tubes, we are talking dual triodes in a single tube - each channel runs though one side of the tube, so reasonable internal triode balance is important
Another bump to the thread. I have been auditioning some 7308 / E188CC tubes with the Garage1217 adapter. Thanks to Brent Jesse I have been experiencing an expanded soundstage, richer sound with less grain. My previous tubes are the WE 396a and my former favorite, the TungSol black plate D-getter. The WE was a little to soft for me, but I have a nice 6SN7 tube pre, which the combo might be too much of a good thing. But the 7308's are just a great addition to my modded Orchid. Thanks 213cobra for getting the idea started here.
I too want to bump this thread and thank 213cobra for this suggestion; and to encourage anyone who is looking to roll tubes in their MHDT to consider using the 5670 to 6922 adapter.

I installed the adapter in my Istanbul and rolled in a 1970 Siemens E88CC. Stunning results. Absolutely an improvement over every 5670 I tried. If you’re considering trying this, don’t hesitate! It’s worth it.
I’m using this in my Grannyring modified Orchid. Much clearer? More airy? Than the NOS Mullard mentions in this thread. In my system, my ears of course.
E188CC / 7308 Siemens, West Germany made, 1960s wide getter support post, gold pins.
I have a MHDT Pagoda and rolled a Bugle Boy 6DJ8 into it this afternoon.  I was waiting for the adaptor for a few weeks.  I'm thrilled with the result.  Its soundstage is massive and dare I say that the PRAT is a plenty.