Marantz Receiver Bad HDMI

Has anyone had problems I bought a SR7009 I had it less than 18 months HDMI inputs went out I called Marantz it was under warranty. They then sent me a B Stock 7011 less than 18 month the HDMI went out on it. Chris from Marantz customer support refused to do anything and said that the warranty had expired because Marantz provides 3 years combined warranty service. SO they combined the 1 1/2 year when the previous unit went out to the little over 1 1/2 months when the 2nd unit went out. MARANTZ should’ve provided 3 years on both units. Its not the consumers fault that their units are defective. He said that I could trade it in and get little to nothing and then use that money to purchase another Marantz receiver. Why would any one with half a brain do that, needless to say Marantz wont get anymore of my money, BUYER
BEWARE of Marantz. Chris the customer support manager is the judge, jury and executor. He says he makes the final decision. I know of no other establishment that runs that way.
sixgears2u
HDMI sucks. Good concept, poor execution. The boards on Marantz and Denon do not like “hot swaps” at all. Full power off, and unplugged at BOTH ends. My Denon died replacing the ARC cable and my service guy told me to be sure both (all) HDMI swaps are done with no power supply on. This includes standbys. Anyway, I do this now and have not had an issue since.
Started to have issues with SR8012, purchased in Apr 2020 (around 7 months ago). A couple of weeks ago first HDMI input stopped working (it starts for a couple of seconds then loses signal and starts in 5 seconds again- endless loop). I started to use another input- it worked for a week or so and went out like the first one. One by one all HDMI inputs went out - it took two- three weeks.

I remember problems with Onkyo HDMI boards, basically, it was the same behavior. I used to have two Onkyo receivers manufactured in 2012, both had similar HDMI issues (the only discern was that Onkyo lost all HDMI inputs at once not step-by-step). In 2016 Onkyo ran a special repair program free of charge, I took advantage of it and they repaired both receivers. In 2019 the problem with HDMI boards came back to my both receivers, there was no free repair program anymore and I decided to replace Onkyo and bought Marantz receivers, didn't want to dive into the same problem again. I have been mistaken. Marantz seems to be even worse than Onkyo, they don't have any free repair program (yes, I will send my receiver to them and they should fix it under warranty but at least Onkyo offered free packaging material, free shipment, and free pick-up, and it was outside the warranty period, Onkyo really tried to resolve their problems though it didn't work very well).

I hope my experience will help someone make right choice nad never buy Marantz.

Having trouble installing home theatre,Projector installation or struggling with Marantz sr 6015 Issues give us a call at +919313235774 or simply visit our website.

ELESER : High End Electronics Repair Center

1324, 1st floor , Sector 46 Gurgaon. 122003
This sucks, since I was about to buy a refurbished unit to act as my HT processor into my integrated
Have the same SR7009, bought in 2015 had similar problem. Cbl/Sat HDMI blacked out 3 1/2 years after I purchased it. So out of warranty. Replaced cables, pvr etc when it happened as I didn't expect the amp would be faulty. Then moved to another HDMI port and it worked. back to the Cbl port and nothing. Now second port went black, moved to another port and working. However looks like the third port is flickering, so getting a feeling it's all going to go soon. Sold as a top end receiver, but reading around, it's a common problem and Marantz are just turning their back on all of us who support them. It's a factory fault and Marantz should recall or have service companies install a new/updated HDMI board. As mentioned, can't sell it as who would buy a faulty unit.