Funny how streaming/digital still chases that analog benchmark.

Funny how manufacturers of streaming and digital gear continues to chase that elusive analog sound. I thought digital was better?

Before you all get your panties in a wad I enjoy both Digital and Analog but much rather listen to an analog source than digital.

So today I see  Innuos Introduces The PhoenixNET – A Network Switch For Audiophiles @ only $3500.00

Guess I do not see the point you can get superior sound for say $2500 or less with a decent turntable cartridge combo and phono stage. Hell Clear Audio has an all in one for $2500.

I just don’t get it and I do not care to either.
128x128skypunk
@millercarbon    

Joke all you want, you know it's true, the standard is analog. Digital is for when
you just don't care that much that it sucks.

I think you ruffled feathers with that one. Funny thing is that nearly every review I read on DACS, etc is how close they sound to analog. The same happened earlier when CD's were all the rage. They touted how close to the analog sound the CDP  came
Actually @skypunk is right on target. You don't have to like the truth but disagreement with it makes you wrong. 
@glupson come on down and I will cook you a steak and I will find some water wings for you.

I really could care less about your thoughts, opinions or well you.

I have to go. Have a good evening.

No hard feeling’s glupson was all in fun.

Now I'm getting some popcorn....and another glass of Irish whiskey. This is plumb fun.