Funny how streaming/digital still chases that analog benchmark.

Funny how manufacturers of streaming and digital gear continues to chase that elusive analog sound. I thought digital was better?

Before you all get your panties in a wad I enjoy both Digital and Analog but much rather listen to an analog source than digital.

So today I see  Innuos Introduces The PhoenixNET – A Network Switch For Audiophiles @ only $3500.00

Guess I do not see the point you can get superior sound for say $2500 or less with a decent turntable cartridge combo and phono stage. Hell Clear Audio has an all in one for $2500.

I just don’t get it and I do not care to either.
128x128skypunk
@glupson.....uh no. It may have been the "standard" but that does not make it "better".

Hell dude... not having air bags in cars was "the standard" for decades when the technology was available for 30 years. Does that make it "better"?
lexx21,

The statement was that "the standard is analog", it was not about quality (which gets debated ad nauseam anyways). Prevailing standard has been digital for a while. What is better is another topic.
@gulpson Frag Out.....lol digitalia is twisted.

now lets talk fuses and cement speakers...
@gulpson I did not say in my OP “apology is the standard”

Funny how manufacturers of streaming and digital gear continues to chase that elusive analog sound. I thought digital was better?

But analog is the core of even digital, and digital is then converted to analog.

don’t like the subject or thread then why are you here??