Funny how streaming/digital still chases that analog benchmark.

Funny how manufacturers of streaming and digital gear continues to chase that elusive analog sound. I thought digital was better?

Before you all get your panties in a wad I enjoy both Digital and Analog but much rather listen to an analog source than digital.

So today I see  Innuos Introduces The PhoenixNET – A Network Switch For Audiophiles @ only $3500.00

Guess I do not see the point you can get superior sound for say $2500 or less with a decent turntable cartridge combo and phono stage. Hell Clear Audio has an all in one for $2500.

I just don’t get it and I do not care to either.
128x128skypunk
@testpilot 

@skypunk, more Mig29’s were produced than all variants of the F18.

Exactly my point quantity over quality....jeez!

BTW I am streaming Nick Caves new album and it sounds wonderful on my Moon 280D through my Raven Blackhawk.

Frag out!

You digital dudes sure get your digitalia twisted in a knot. 
Move on...
3500 for a freaking network switch that you can buy from net gear for 50 bucks???

It seems that audiofools and their money are very quickly separated.

I have a new handy dandy audiophile product that I am going to start selling... its a power plug that guarantees fresh electrons into your power supply....PLUS.....each electron is vacuume treated. Hint...its a 2 dollar power strip.

See how impressive that audiophile speel sounded?

To answer your question in a reasonable fashion....digital is an approximation of an analog signal. An lp is not. Yes, digital will sound "fine" but an approximation will never fully sound like the real thing.

Those of you who are streaming fans can disagree to your hearts content, but MY ears know the difference. Yours may varry.
@lexx21  “audiofools and their money are very quickly separated”

audiofools? So why are you here?

oh to get info so you don’t become an audiofool?

@tooblue.  That is why I tossed the grenade, to have fun!

I really enjoy all audio formats I just wanted to be entertained by this thread.

Sorry nerds.