Can't believe I let myself get sucked in again.

Good morning.
It has been over 10 years since I have actively participated in the forums.  Well I am back and bit hard.  I purchased 2 Bluesound Node2is and 1 Powernode2i on Saturday.  I have not done any critical listening in a very long time.  I am itching to get back into being an audiofool.  In a position to put a listening together again and I don't want to be patient but alas I must.  All in due time.  So feel free to welcome back this goner.
128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xartizen65
@lowrider57  Lets see.
Living room now:
  • Bluesound Node 2i (Was a Sonos Connect)
  • Cambridge Receiver Topaz SR20
  • Paradgim Speakers 7se Mk. II
Shop:
  • Bluesound Powernode 2i (Was a Sonos ZP90)
  • PSB Speakers Image B5
Currently unused:
  • NAD CD Receiver C715
In for service:  (Will hopefully be the beginning of a decent system)
  • Musical Fidelity TriVista DAC (Right channel out)
  • Musical Fidelity A308 integrated (Scratchy volume knob)
ListenUp has shipped them out to the authorized repair facility in California Hopes are high that the issues can be taken care of.  I do have a spare set of new tubes for the TriVista if need be.

So all I need is a decent set of speakers for the main rig.  As for buying new.  Budget is still small so we see what happens with the MF first.
Try the AVS forum if your not getting enough abuse here.

Welcome to the Layer Cake, son....
@millercarbon Pretty sure it’s "audiophool". But whatever. Welcome. I guess. So you’re starting on the bottom rung, digital. Any idea when you’ll be climbing up to analog?

Not any time soon. I gave the vinyl collection to a friend that loved music about 11 years ago. He was spinning and preferred it. Young kid just starting out on his own.
Lets face it.  An individual has to have a severe lack of curiosity about the universe of music, available from every time period and genre, as well as the internet radio stations from around the world, to not invest the comparatively modest dollars in streaming equipment.

The entertainment factor is off the charts.