Vandersteen 3a signature vs Harbeth 30.2 anniversary

Title pretty much sums it up.
I am looking for informed opinions from members who have experience with both of these.
I have the 3a’s and recently heard the Harbeth and am looking for others feedback.
thank you.
zimick
I have the 3a’s and recently heard the Harbeth and am looking for others feedback.
What did you think compared to your 3as?

I have 3a sigs, also 2 harbeth models, c7 and shl5 (i have heard the mon 30 plenty but not in my own system, i never liked it enough to own it relative to other harbeth models)

vandy 3a sigs have fuller bass, larger presentation slightly recessed midrange, smooth sophisticated highs (with good solid state amplfiication, which is what is required) - overall a very balanced, imminently listenable full range speaker with no weaknesses but also no towering strengths

mon 30’s have sweet highs and a more prominent luscious full bodied midrange, decent mid bass, but weak true bass... mon 30’s in a full range set up definitely need support from subs imo... their lossy cabinet design and driver quality give a more ’hear through’ tactile midrange than the vandy’s (which have a nice midrange but somewhat less articulate), that is their main strength

both speakers have a sweet slightly rounded off quality to how they play music... not very ’alive’ nor highly impactful 'fast' speakers but that is also what makes them so easy to live with and be happy with, they subtly smooth out bad edgy recordings, they impart no listening fatigue, yet they are transparent and tonally true enough to let well recorded music come through in all its glory
Jjss49- 
thank you for the input!
valuable.
I agree w the 3a description which makes me trust your Harbeth input.
Biggest immediate notices for me was the midrange strength and the bottom weakness as well as the feeling that they would never fatigue my ears.
I don’t demand super strong bottom end but I feel I would miss it a bit w the 30.2’s.
I love vocals, outtakes, demos and stripped down stuff I can feel like I’m at live as well as jazz at times. Since I posted earlier I did some lurking and now would like to hear some 40.2’s which are not super crazy used.
I really like my 3a’s, just thinking there might be more out there for not a ton more money.... one can always hope!
I would keep the 3A speakers unless you wanted to spring for the Harbeth 40 series. 
i would agree with stereo5... the mon 30's imo are not an upgrade from the vandy's

the mon 40's would be, but make sure the form factor (HUGE ass box) and bass loading are compatible with your room and aethestic needs