rule of thumb: how long do you leave a tube preamp on versus turning it off then back on?

I just upgraded to an Audio Research REF 10 with 12 tubes and I am wondering how to best preserve the tubes. How long sitting turned on is equal to the wear and tear of turning it off then on again? I had a Rogue RP 7 with just four tubes so I didn't worry about this issue so much, I just turned it on when I began to listen then off at the end of the evening. Now I'm wondering where the sweet spot is? Away for a hour, two, three, turn it off when? Am I over-thinking this issue?
128x128wokeuptobose
Post removed 
The longer it's on the better it sounds. If you paid what you paid for your amp in order to get good sound, why would you then shoot yourself in the foot trying to save pennies on tubes? 
Thank you both. I'm over thinking it as just after I purchased my REF 10 I saw the forum comments here a couple days ago about ARC equipment blowing tubes, and the further comments about how the guy couldn't
get it to be reliable. So he felt he needed to go to a Pass preamp. That is just the kind of story that gets my over worrying mind busy!!
For me solid state never turn off.  For tubes turn off after usage.  I have 16 300B tubes in my mono amps alone plus another 8 rectifier tubes.  That can add up in my mind.