Sound Quality of red book CDs vs.streaming

I’ve found that the SQ of my red book CDs exceeds that of streaming using the identical recordings for comparison. (I’m not including hi res technology here.)
I would like to stop buying CDs, save money, and just stream, but I really find I enjoy the CDs more because of the better overall sonic performance.
 I stream with Chromecast Audio using  the same DAC (Schiit Gumby) as I play CDs through.
I’m wondering if others have had the same experience
128x128rvpiano

"That riled me, but I held my temper as I asked, “What’s the matter with you?” He bellowed: “There’s nothing the matter with me. It’s you! You’re crazy if you think this fool contraption you’ve been wasting your time on will ever displace the horse.”

https://www.saturdayeveningpost.com/2017/01/get-horse-americas-skepticism-toward-first-automobiles/

Post removed 
riaa, it’s a shame that there is no music on the the thousands of free online radio stations of every genre or the seemingly unlimited selections provided by the paid streaming services that you might find interesting.

Versus putting on that CD or record that’s been played how many times?

Regardless of the sound quality (which is fine) you are missing out on a whole universe of fun.

I hope I don't come off as a show off, but a few months ago I went to an audio dealer, wrote a check for $95000, got pissed at something the dealer said, and set fire to that $95000 right in front of the dealer. That's just how I roll.

In the last 11 years, I have spent almost 1.2 million on audio gear. No, I won't tell you the currency! And no, I won't show you the pictures of my equipment either, so quit asking!

Strictly a Classic Rock guy. If I need to hear something new I have many Thousands of unplayed CD's that Ive gotten from all my contacts in the music industry over the the past 30-35 years.  Pretty much anything Ive heard after 1990 or so is not to my liking at all for the most part and winds up being donated for charity. I can assure you I'm never bored with my collection and there are always plenty of new mixes/re-masters/quadraphonic titles coming out for music from that generation. I'm amazed how much stuff has been rotting away in the vaults all these years and is only now coming out.