Looking for a new phono preamp

Hi,

Long time lurker, first time poster.

Here's the deal. I'd like to find a new phono preamp. I'd prefer solid state, tubes get noisy too fast. My latest cartridge is an AT-ART9XA. I'm currently running thru a sut into a cj pv10a with phono stage, but I have just got my hands on a Bel Canto pre5 that the new phono pre will be paired with.

I've got a hard upper limit of $2.5k, less is OK for the right unit. I'm looking to buy new. Dealers around me aren't really set up to demo vinyl, so I'm hoping the collective experience in here can at least point me in the right direction. Hopefully, it would have a one month return policy so I can try out the preamp.

TIA.

PsychoicReaction
psychoticreaction
The Gold Note looks interesting, I like the balanced outputs. Also the sutherland 20/20. I will also have a close look at the PS Audio.

I don’t see many mainstream reviews for the RCM. Also, it’s over my budget, and is essentially a used item with no original box.

Keep em coming :).

The best phono stage for that money is handily the Channel D Lino C 2.0.
It has no competition, none. Unfortunately, you would have to change cartridges. Your AT's impedance is 12 ohms which is too high for a current mode phono stage. It has to be less than 10 ohms, the lower the better. Read about it!  http://www.channld.com/seta/linoC2.html
While I was shopping for my latest speaker acquisition, I heard a Musical Surroundings Nova III phono pre. I was impressed with the overall sound of the system. It might be worth a look.
Whatever you choose pay attention to impedance match between the phono stage and the preamp. Sutherland has high output impedance, I think, so it won't match well with many preamps.