Is Luxman a poor man's D'Agostino ?

Both separates and integrateds.
What do you think ?
inna
@yyzsantabarbara The Luxman 509x that you listened to is a different sound altogether than the 590AXII. If you like the Coda integrated, which outputs the first 18 watts in class A, I'm sure you will love the 590AXII which is pure class A for the first 30 watts. What I found was that you simply cannot extrapolate the sound signature of 590AXII by listening to the 509x. They're quite a bit different.

@skypunk -- I heard both the Luxman and the Simaudio integrated amps at the same dealer and my experience was just the opposite. I found the Moon to be a little too energetic for my taste. While I didn't care much for Luxman 509x, the 590AXII ticked all the right boxes for me. It just goes to show that at this price point, it's all about preferences.
Luxman is an amp that i would want to listen to d agostino is an amp that can take a hike.
There is a Coda 16 stereo amp available on UsAodioM, for $10K.

Something to consider. 

Respectfully, 
Jose
No affiliation..
The man who is selling it says he has to sell because he is losing business. Sucks.
I have the older S-100.  In speaking with Doug from Coda, he reccomend I listen to the new  S-250 series.  Another amp to consider..
Yes, sucks what he and many are currently going through. 

Respectfully, 
Jose