When is digital going to get the soul of music?

I have to ask this(actually, I thought I mentioned this in another thread.). It's been at least 25 years of digital. The equivalent in vinyl is 1975. I am currently listening to a pre-1975 album. It conveys the soul of music. Although digital may be more detailed, and even gives more detail than analog does(in a way), when will it convey the soul of music. This has escaped digital, as far as I can tell.
mmakshak
Ah thank you Detlof. . . I think I need to get my humor detector looked after. . . I've been laid off last Thursday and I'm taking things far too seriously. . . do you think that taking a micro Brilliant Pebble a day for 30 days might help my uncharacteristicly grim Weltanschauung? I am thinking that if it does not help me directly, at least it will benefit the finances of old GK (grins!)
Rob321

"I mean beauty is in the eye of the beholder"

Perhaps spelling error?! - it should be "beauty is in the eye of beerholder"
Guido, leave the pebbles on the beach--times will change again--as well as ye olde Zeitgeist and Weltanschaung. We have to go through this. I'll be holding thumbs for all of us......
Cheers,
Detlof
I have a high end analog rig
when I want to hear the passion and dynamics of the music I play this. I use a loricraft record cleaner and pops are virtually non existent

my digital rig is good and needed for much music not available on vinyl - it gets most of the elements
but the weight around notes and strings especially can't come close

try a silent running audio platform under your cd player
it will take the stress out of the component
and make your digital more lifelike

music is where the soul of it is
not the type of source
although that can limit the enjoyment if not optimal