The guru on fuses:

For two years, I have asked why and how fuses could possibly matter. All I got was arguments of faith, pro or con. I needed a real audio guru who actually knows. Here is a link from John Curl’s discussion on Parasound’s website. He engineered and designed some some great equipment, including some Mark Levinson gear, The Grateful Dead’s 30 plus McIntosh amp powered Wall of Sound, and his admittedly, somewhat price compromised Parasound designs. He discusses the electrical properties of standard fuses, showing how they are compromised. The entire article is quite enlightening, but to skip to the fuse section, go to the bottom half of page 6. https://www.parasound.com/pdfs/JCinterview.pdf

128x128danvignau
You pretty much just proved my point. When you only tool is a hammer, every problem is a nail.  From another discussion I am not even sure you know what shear velocity is.
Thanks for bringing up the point because that geometry is a part of one of my patents. Go Fish. Tom 
@georgelofi : you state,

"He's probably the dumbest of all the fusers here, as he "tries to justify" his stupidity".

Good one georgie boy, advocating for displaying stupidity with reckless abandon.

What you need to strive for is 'wreck-less' regarding the damage you do to a thread!
@danvignau - thanks for the link to the article, I've not seen that before.

The fuse he was talking about was in the speaker circuit, not the power circuit.
+1 @audio2design. 

The text on page 6 refers to protection of the amplifier outputs i.e. the signal that goes to the loudspeakers. There needs to be protection at this point in case a fault in the amplifier sends DC to the loudspeaker drivers, which can result in quite spectacular failure. Loudspeaker protection needs to be very fast (milliseconds) which means any fuse would need to be rated very close to the maximum operating current of the outputs and it would heat up in normal use creating distortion.
Most (if not all) amplifier manufacturers use alternative methods to protect the output... I use relays, others use transistors etc.

The fuses that most people in this thread are referring to are power supply fuses which will not heat up in normal operation and can be rated with comfortable headroom above the normal operating current. These do not form part of the discussion in the article.