Are your current amps and other gear the best you've ever had?

If not, what was the best you had that you let go? 
redwoodaudio
My dad was like that. Steelhead are wily, wild, hard to catch. One day dad hooks a big one. We come running, mom comes running, but mom is slow the fish is landed. Dad hasn't unhooked it yet so no problem, puts it back in so mom can admire the great fisherman. Of course the fish gets away.

For all the time and effort that goes into landing a sweet piece of gear you'd think the last thing anyone would do is let it get away. But no. See it all the time.

What blows me away is we have reached a point where people are so nuts they would actually want to admit it. "Yeah, had this great amp. Took a big hit financially but it was worth it to get this piece of crap I have now." Incoming in three, two, one....
Everything I have now beats out what I've had before. The only possible exception would be that my Koetsu Black Gold Line did have lovelier tone than my current Lyra Delos.  The thing is, the Koetsu was unable to track some of my records, especially the inner grooves.  The Lyra, by contrast, dances through everything, including my grottiest 1960's 45's. And the Lyra's tone certainly ain't nothing to sneeze at.  Finally, I must report that the phono section of my Mytek Brooklyn Bridge has relegated my Moon step-up device to the closet.