Krell EVO-1, FPB-750MCX or EVO-900

HI all,

Would like any feedbacks in upgrading or to stay put...
I currently have a pair of krell FPB-750MCX with Evo-202 pre driving Revel Salons ( 86db @6ohms). Love the current sound but have the itch to upgrade either the Ev0-1 ( 450W ) or the Evo-900 and worried if the Evo-1 having less power will not able to drive the Salons properly. Ive been told the Evo-1 will do the job OK and sound much better that the EVO-900 since it's Class A compared to the 900's in Class A/B but my 750MCX are also in Class A.
Just don't want to make a mistake so any help here appriciated.
Cheers in advance.
flashunlock
I agree completely. There are many things that are necessary to make the 750mcx achieve their full potential:
a) Each one with a dedicated 20amp line
b) Directly into the line, no power filters
c) 220V
d) recapping by a Krell dealer
e) top amp stands such as SRA, HRS or Finite Elements
f) great interconnects and speaker cables such as Echole Omnia and Kubala Realization
g) My Krell dealer installed furutech power cable plugs, so I will be trying different power cables.
h) Have great front end, preamp, speakers, cables, room...
Do most of this and the 750mcx are really amazing!

https://systems.audiogon.com/systems/795

VPN
Have been pondering a similar route myself having sold my 700cx to fund a loudspeaker build, will be looking at either a 750mcx or EVO 900 in the new year?I liked the 700cx sound and wondered how much more the 750mcx will offer. I did hear that the EVO 900 uses some surface mount components and may be more dificult to repair / service?
I have the 650m monos and was considering evo 1s as well. Looks like everyone likes the 750 better than the evo 1. I like the 650m because I can put way better power cords on than the stock Krell ones.

Those amps are absolutely some of the best ever made.
    Do not get rid of them, with that much power, you will only move sideways.

I wish I had your dilemma!

Stay put and enjoy those amps for life!
or drive them to Krell, and have them looked at, tested, upgraded, if any parts need replacing.
otherwise, you have the best.
enjoy them.
if you want different sound, look at diff speakers.