A system for my college-bound daughter

UGHH!!! Usually, the thought of creating a new system would be fun, but it's my daughter, and this time it's not. 

Sources wanted: Turntable, CDs, Airplay Streaming

Cost: Would be nice to keep under $1K, certainly under $1,500 (true… that's less than the cost of a cartridge in my main turntable). Way less is fine and encouraged, but I don't want to buy her crap and have her go down the wrong road.

Why I'm finding this hard: WAF but at an even higher level (Teen Acceptance Factor!). She likes the way Crosley looks, but even she admits the sound is crap. Hmm, Peachtree might work. I used to have Peachtree Nova. It was overrated, but it would be a fine start for her. The only thing is that the one with integrated wireless would consume most of the cost, leaving little for speakers and a turntable (I'm sure I could get a cheap solution for playing CDs).  

128x128intermediatic
Oh, and I use Wywires Silver digital cable and Wywires Silver power cord for the Burson.
Vanatoo active speakers. $600 tops. Great sound via Bluetooth even and just add a turntable if needed.

https://vanatoo.com

Slam dunk for top notch sound in a inexpensive compact package packed with good technology.  

inna ...

I’m not sure what "vintage" RS-1s would be. I bought mine direct from John Grado at the CES in 1999. Also, I’m using an Ocos speaker cable to hook up the A2+ speakers together. The speakers sit on PPT mats and the PC is covered with the PPT Alpha E-Cards. A little PPT Total Contact is in use too. Also in use is Audioengine's little DAC. Overall, it is a very good sounding computer system.

Here's some interesting history on the Grado company:

https://gradolabs.com/company/timeline?skipto=heritage

Frank
Frank, you either have classic Grado or even earlier vintage, not sure.
I have classic.
Yes, interesting story.
They may say whatever they want but Grado RS-1 have very engaging, emotional character, and do pace and rhythm just right.
I tried Audeze and Sehnheiser, not top of line, somewhere in the middle - no thank you.
A few ideas for you...
Fluance tt for ~$350 including an Ortofon cartridge is getting plenty of raves. Steve Guttenberg has reviews on youtube. They look pretty impressive and less costly than the vintage restored Thorens I bought for my daughter. 
Powered speakers that will accept bluetooth would be a good move lifestyle-wise. For my TV, I use powered Edifiers (bookshelfs + sub) that sound & look surprising great for ~$450. They have optical toslink input that could be fed by something like an SMSL or a similar dac that receives bluetooth as well as the usual inputs via computer, etc. 
Lots of the cheap stuff w/phono pre built-in isn't very good. A $129 Schiit Mani would be a big improvement if it fits the plan. Cheers,
Spencer