Holographic, 3D Solid State Amp under $6k

Greetings! I’m looking for a $4-6k tube preamp + ~$6k solid state Amp combination - an Amp with Preferably a high impedance inputs, and XLR inputs. I want to combine the holographic, 3D imaging and wide soundstage of a tube preamp to the dynamics, control, and extension of a solid state amp. I’d like to see Class A for the first 10-15W. I’m looking for something that compares sonically with Pass, but I can’t go with Pass again.

I had a demo Pass X250.8 and XP-22 for 1 wk. Sounded beautiful, but the low gain of the XP-22 was too low on several sources to power the X250.8. The Volume had to be turned up to 80/99 for decent levels. Unfortunately, there were also QC issues on the Pass - the hum on the XP-22 was intolerable, and the XLR connectors wobbled on the X250.8. I was told that’s how the XLR plugs are on Pass. It didn’t inspire confidence, so I had to send it back with a restocking fee. So No Pass!
88man
BAT is outstanding in all regards, as a company and as product.
I presently own the BAT VK-33SE preamp (tubes) and VK-255SE power amp (SS).  New, they are $10K and $9K, respectively.  That may be above your budget so finding them used could be an option.  I am more pleased with these two units than any other combination of products I've previously owned.  My speakers are 88db efficient and reaching VERY loud volume gets me to about 86 out of 140 steps on the volume control.  Most of my listening, at a rather 'lively" volume, is at around 82.  The volume steps are in 1/2 db per step.  It makes for really perfect volume settings.  The amp is stellar.  The 3D effect, soundstage and imaging with these two components is astonishing. 
Best of luck to you.
If you choose BAT and don't have an authorized dealer within a reasonable distance, than I highly recommend contacting Upscale Audio.  They are excellent in knowledge and customer service.  They are an authorized BAT dealer and that is where I purchased my BAT products.
Having not heard of any other complaints about wobbly Pass XLR’s, despite countless posts here on Audiogon about Pass Labs gear, raises serious doubts about such a claim. Ditto the hum issue. I think you a legitimate claim to get your restocking fee refunded. As far as having the volume control at a high setting, ordinarily that’s a good thing, offering more range of control. More often than not the volume control acts less like an accelerator, and more like a brake. Better to not ride on the brake so much.
BAT and Parasound JC5 look very desirable! 

Unsound, I sent the dealer a video showing the 5-10 degree of wobble with XLR cables connected. Again, I was told that this is normal for Pass, and that’s why I had to pay the fee. The hum on the XP-22 I used cheaters, shut circuit breakers, plugged into 2 different homes, etc. - same hum! The manufacturer was never involved in the conversation because I bought from the most reputable and largest Pass dealer in the U.S.
Again, sonically the Pass was stellar, however, buying demo equipment - watch out!
I don't get it, I've never heard of bad XLR connections on pass gear. You should have put a call in to pass to find out what's going on. As far as the gain goes, that is about perfect, you don't want to only use half of your volume control. The gain also can be low if your source is of low voltage. Most systems have to much gain.