When is digital going to get the soul of music?

I have to ask this(actually, I thought I mentioned this in another thread.). It's been at least 25 years of digital. The equivalent in vinyl is 1975. I am currently listening to a pre-1975 album. It conveys the soul of music. Although digital may be more detailed, and even gives more detail than analog does(in a way), when will it convey the soul of music. This has escaped digital, as far as I can tell.
mmakshak
MMAk,

No, use with two channel CD's

Digital is better than analog, especially 24bit devices.

Neil Young is a hippy with marginal talent, when the greatest orchestra conductors in the world have no issue with digital why should we?

Mmak,

If I had Cerwin Vega D9's and told you that digital was perfect...would'nt you consider comments a bit influenced by the quality of my speakers? Your DCM's are of the same ilk and you need to get much better speakers because you are just wasting your time trying to quantify analog versus digital when you're speakers are flawed and have difficulty with digital playback as a matter of their character.

Also I disagree 100% with your statement that music is too relax too. Music is a prime mover for me and I thrive on the tension early REM songs (using a recently mentioned example of a band with poor thin recording quality as an aesthetic to their music) like "fall on me" which is a protest song and it should get your attention!

There's music for every emotion and that tension is what makes it compelling and interesting. If you're trying to relax to music like REM, then you're barking up the wrong tree.
>>Digital is better than analog, especially 24bit devices<<

That is your opinion only and readers should take it as such. You do not speak for those of us who know better.
Audiofeel,

"You do not speak for those of us who know better."

The people in your cult calls the leader "Better"?

....that's kinda cool
Nice of you to say that digital is better than analogic.
But at my home, it's the opposite !
And for many other people too.

Do you really have a high end analogic gear ?

If you only compare datas, you don't go far in music...
Ahh well the Analog Blues do go on....it ain't completely dead but it's always pining for the fjords....the good 'ol days of vinyl...would anyone be interested in a slug?