Trust

I am considering purchasing some very large speakers from an unknown seller, who is across the country.
The units are described as in perfect condition and all I want to do is to make sure they truly are in great/perfect condition and that they actually show up at my doorstep (versus the person taking my money and running).  What precautions would everyone suggest to make sure I get what I'm looking to receive and pay for? 
bheyamoto
Post removed 
See if they have a UPS store in their country. If they do, I have the seller contact them and pay them to pack them up. Then ship if possible
Don't skimp on packaging. It cost me a lot to ship Quads on a pallet but it was worth it.
No, do not let UPS stores pack large heavy items, they do not know how to properly. helomech & noromance are correct, they need to be boxed (ideally in the original boxes & packing) strapped to pallets and shipped by freight.
Just like above, do not let UPS store pack large items. UPS store is used to packing everyday smaller items. I shipped an 88 key midi keyboard thru the UPS store and the item was basically destroyed. I had to fight UPS insurance because they said it was poorly packed. I had to pull receipts, etc from the store. UPS said, the stores are independently franchised and not tied directly to the company. I had to fight the store in which they claimed they are not responsible for damage. I ended getting 40% of the insurance. I then used that 40% to purchase a refurbished unit from the keyboard company and had it shipped to the buyer who was happy.