When is digital going to get the soul of music?

I have to ask this(actually, I thought I mentioned this in another thread.). It's been at least 25 years of digital. The equivalent in vinyl is 1975. I am currently listening to a pre-1975 album. It conveys the soul of music. Although digital may be more detailed, and even gives more detail than analog does(in a way), when will it convey the soul of music. This has escaped digital, as far as I can tell.
mmakshak
Post removed 
The system I heard the too-fast guitar was Alex's of APL Hi-Fi. It was 2 channel. The Eric Clapton cd was maybe made in 1988(or later). I think I only heard one other cd that had what I call digital artifacts(which may not be digital artifacts at all). It was still very listenable. The guitar seemed to suprise me more than anything. Maybe if I had listened to it more than once, my perception would change? Anyhow, I brought it up because in "Absolute Sound" a reviewer mentioned that things that bothered him on two-channel were not a problem on(what I call) surround sound. What about a slight delay making the guitar sound too fast on 2-channel, but making sense on surround?
Mmakshak,

That's too vague, help me out with some links to the Absolute Sound article. Was it Clapton Unplugged?

"What about a slight delay making the guitar sound too fast on 2-channel, but making sense on surround?"

A delay could make the guitar string sound like its been hit twice or blurred together....but as you verbalize the situation I have no answer for you.

Again, I need more specific info. See if any recordings you use have a similar feel.
What I'm thinking(and I haven't followed digital stuff), is the Dolby stuff that made 5.1's(and I'm not sure that they did), did some kind of delay in the surround situation. If that would be true, it would not sound correct on two channel, but would on surround. Since I don't currently have my cd player(APL Hi-Fi's Denon 3910), I can't give you more specific info. Sorry. I also need to expand my digital library. I'm a little hesitant here. I know that analog(pre-1982) has value. Can you say the same about digital? Although, I've been given some great advice on cd, here and elsewhere, I find myself spending my funds on things that I believe I shouldn't just to keep my credibility. My cd collection and access to cd is a disgrace! I'm now a subsciber to "Absolute Sound" and "Stereophile"(boy, they cost so little!), and it was the last "Absolute Sound". I will try to narrow it down to you, but you have to admit that they are reading this topic.
Mak, let me say it bluntly, pre 1982 digital is TERRIBLE, unless it is absolutely awful. If you are fixated on recordings prior to that year you should stick to analog vinyl and worry no longer. life's too short for fussing about trivia!