Looking for a tube Preamp new or used for under $2000...

Hi all,

I am looking for a tube preamp for my Parasound A21 amp. I currently have a Parasound p6 preamp, but have been told that a “Tube” preamp not a SS preamp would make a huge improvement. My budget is $2k however, I would prefer to spend less! I am looking at McIntosh and audio research preamps. I am willing to purchase an older preamp, but not one that I would need to send it into be serviced. Any suggestions? Thanks!
matt00
I agree with speakermaster. Tube preamps are often designed for tube power amps with input impedances of 100K or higher. Your Parasound amp has a a 33K input impedance (or 66K balanced). 
Post removed 
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Audio-Research-LS2-mkII-Classic-Tube-Hybrid-Preamplifier/174557950276?epid=... add 1975 6N23P SSW Reflectors (easy to find on eBay, look for those sold by Svetlana in Ukraine) and it will blow away most anything under $10K.
I have the version with remote and have had it since 1993.  It has run many newer much more expensive out the door in demos.
The Don Sachs preamp will be found for about $2000 on the used market when they show up.  New they're about $2500.  This preamp is just the VTA SP-14 in a pretty chassis.   The SP-14 is available as a kit for all of $1100 and fully assembled/tested for about $1500.
i do not recommend the rogue audio rp 1.  it only has 3db of gain and sounds anemic.  
i do highly recommend the rogue rh 5 linestage headphone amp.  
multiple gain options, balanced connections and stereophile class a.  a bit more expensive but twice as good as the rp 1.  
i owned the rogue rp 7 for a while too and preferred the sound of the rh 5 !