recommendation for rca interconnect for deeper bass for dac to preamp

Hi,

I use a synergistic research galileo rca cable from my preamp to the phono but need another rca cable from preamp to digital.  

the combination of my battery preamp and  chord hugo 2 battery dac is incredibly transparent and great PRAT.  I am thinking a rca interconnect between the two that is known for a strong bass (copper?) would be ideal.  I wish I could use the galileo rca for that too but its a pain to keep switching it from phono to digital player and its too pricey to buy another one (especially since play 80 percent vinyl).

Any suggestion for a used rca IC for under 1K used?

thanks

Michael 

128x128karmapolice
You have a choice. You can either buy another cable, or 2, or 3, or 10, and somewhere convince yourself along the way that the bass is better, maybe you will throw in a cable elevator, or something, and sure, for a day, a week, a month you will be convinced it is ... till it is not.

If you don't have deep / full bass, then cable is not the problem. Period. End of story. What we are talking here is a change that is orders of magnitude beyond what a cable will ever do.  Take your pick:  Amplifier/Speaker issue (possibly, but lowest probability), Your speakers/system just are not up to the task (quite likely), Your speakers and the room as a whole are not up to the task (also likely).

You are looking for an easy solution to a problem, as opposed to facing the problem and fixing it. You are not alone. It is a common affliction amongst audiophiles.
#oldheavymech, Those cables are crazy! I ordered a set I can’t wait to see if there’s a difference.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I was too friggin' nosey NOT to check it out. When I got the silly things 
(I bought two pairs),I took one apart, checked the wire construct, looked at the oil, and tossed it.. I made a pair MY WAY.. :-).
Ground breaking? NO, interesting yes.. Sound wise.. kinda liquid... The sound just slides through the cable.. LOL.. 

Cabling is fun to tinker with, Heavy copper, Heavy bass. The two go hand in hand..

No idea pros and cons. BUT we are an army of TWO..

Do you realize what these weaves and goofy cables cost in any other country.. It cost me 75.00 in labor alone.. I charged myself.. I'm expensive. No cheap western labor here.. Just OLD!!

39.00 how the heck do they do that.. Must make them at the super table.

Regards
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Viborg-VS903-Speaker-Cable-Wire-DYNAMIC-PERFORMANCE-Series-17AWG-HiFi-Audio...

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

This cable is really cool to, I use pure copper eyelets, not spade connectors, and cut the opening with a die grinder.. Solder, seal, armor(option) and cook.. BASS perfect, for mid/bass speaker runs.

Oil?

Actually good bottom to top, perfect for horns. You should hear the older Klipsch with this cable. I’ve NEVER heard better, and heard a LOT worse.. at 100 times the cost.. 100.00 usd vs 10,000.00 usd.
A C note cable beat the pants off Transparent, and MIT. (not hard to do). Easy to match.. A few years back too..

Viborg is tough to beat...
oldhvymec,

17 awg, and high inductance --- not a great target for a cable, but they sure are purdy!

audio2design
986 posts
02-05-2021 11:18am
oldhvymec,

17 awg, and high inductance --- not a great target for a cable, but they sure are purdy!
 Report this
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
The oil/tube RCA
A2D, what the heck does oil do? You're all about the science.  Why does it change the wire sound? I drained one and took one out of the silicone cover, all 3 sound different, the oil though... It is really weird.

The speaker IC
The twisty copper conductor, was an  AGon idea, "Use copper tape" is how that started.. 15 years ago and again three years ago.  Then the twist shows up in China.. LOL I think they track AD on the down low...
The money folks are willing to spend, why not?

They are weird looking, that's for sure, No folding either. I didn't measure the bare cable or with ends.. I don't use it, now,  BUT I have.. Great sonics, for round speakers, horns, domes, rings..
Planars/ribbons.. not so much.

It's always copper that comes to the rescue, heavy copper.  What are most of the voice coils wound with? Copper...
I NEVER had a lack of bass, too much.. that's pretty common..

280hz and up planars and ribbons for me.. Who know what they use. :-)

Regards