Reference Recordings

Am I the only one who doesn’t like the sound of the highly touted Reference Recordings.  While there are some exceptions (e.g. Prokofiev “Alexander Nevsky,”) I find the orchestral perspective on most of their discs so distant that the sound is muddled and sound staging practically non existent.
Anyone else feel that way?
128x128rvpiano
I’m not talking about the RR LPs,  They’re Fantastic.
I’m referring to their CDs.
If you can hear soundstaging on them,  you have some unusual system.
Over the decades I bought many CDs that were highly rated sonically, but did not feel they were, BUT, overtime as I upgraded my system those discs sounded better and better
The last time I visited audio dealers to audition speakers I'd bring a selection of CDs from the ones I enjoyed listening to, some that were not the best sound quality, as I needed to hear what those would sound like.  One of the dealers I visited insisted on playing music that brought out the best in the speakers he was playing, but music I'd never select for listening at home.  This guy actually pushed back when I asked him to play the "Born to Run" CD, as he said that one was "too harsh".  As it turns out, when he finally put that one on, I could not tolerate the sound for an entire song.
Tweak1,

I’ve had the same experience.  The better my system, the better they sounded.
BUT, sound staging has never been a strong point, as they prefer distant microphone placement.  Some like it that way.
I don’t.
Boy, millercarbon must have some fantastic imagination. Those Tektons are some of the worst imaging speakers I have ever heard. Right up there with Bose 901's
The only RR recording I have is an Airto disc. They use the same minimalist microphone scheme but in a large empty Hall. The resulting reverberation made for an interesting presentation. My imagination jumped to a band playing in an empty warehouse. The music is great.
I have not gotten another RR record if that means anything.  
You do not hear music at a concert like this as the hall is usually full of people which changes the acoustics rather dramatically.