Has anybody bought or heard a Chinese knock off amplifier?

There are a lot clones coming out of China and power amplifiers seem to be along for the ride.
Mark Levinson, Goldmund, and Accuphase are some of the big names I see replica’s being advertised for sale. These replica’s range in price from $500-$2000. My curiosity every time I see these always is do they even sound like the brand they are trying copy? Another thought that comes to my mind when I see them is, are they even safe or reliable. I myself wouldn’t touch one of these, but that’s me. Has anybody heard one? If so it would be interesting to hear some opinions regarding these amplifiers.
hiendmmoe
+1  daj

You got it!
The world has to slowly wean itself off Chinese manufacture that we foolishly allowed ourselves to pass to them.  Also avoid investing in China and prevent them buying into our companies, sending their students, etc. so they can steal our technology.

Naysayers:  Above is relevant to this thread because we shouldn't buy Chinese hi-fi, knock-off or legit.

As the great man said:
"Well, you know, lots of people complainin’ that there is no work
I say, “Why you say that for
When nothin’ you got is U.S. made?”
They don’t make nothin’ here no more"
"Above is relevant to this thread because we shouldn’t buy Chinese hi-fi, knock-off or legit."

This thread is not, at least according to OP, about your fears and righteousness. It is about sound quality of Chinese knock-offs. Ramblings about taking over the world are misdirected and sad to even consider.

While you are at stealing inventions, be ashamed of using some of the China’s. You know what they are.

Not to mention, who is "we"?
Mahgister, your English goes from precise to old Andy Kaufman “foreign man” depending on what you are saying and how pissed you are about something..... just sayin.
Mahgister, your English goes from precise to old Andy Kaufman “foreign man” depending on what you are saying and how pissed you are about something..... just sayin.
I commend you for your observation....I thank you for because any honest feedback is the salt of life...

By the way your observation is exactly right after listening Kaufman... I recognized myself in him when passion submerge me without the safe lifeboat of syntax and idioms.... 😁

I apologize for sure for my bad English mastery, you must know i never spoke and never speak English where i live and science books or documentaries instead of William Blake are not the royal road to a more Chestertonian English....

And more than that my grade in Latin, Greek, and English and mathematics were not very high.... But after 20, i begin to read about mathematics and sciences in English, and begin a love affair also with linguistic and poetry....i thanks God now for the Greek and Latin i hated at the time, i learned a great deal about history with them without even being conscious of learning... 

My deepest regards...
Post removed