Grounding with a Earth box?

OK so help be understand something.   I understand the value of grounding equipment, but what is the value of having a woodbox with salt, earth, minerals etc  do for grounding?  How is supposed to work or be better?

brubin
Well heck that explains it all, silly me.. I don't want to get rich, I don't want to be poor either.. I just want to have a good time. 

Do you really think these people can't hear an improvement or difference with CAD?

5:00 am in the morning until 2:00 am the following morning, the electrical is extra noisy. 21 hours of the day and night, I might be able to help that some way, WITHOUT killing the dynamics of my systems..OR my pocket book.. Junior my rabbit, need a new home.. I'm savin' :-)

Remember it was the mechanics that got the boys THROUGH the hedge rows after D Day.. Not the guy that said "We'll have to go around, that's the only way",  lookin' down the barrel of a Super Tiger Tank.
Those mechanics were straight off the farms in agro America..
They were makin' moonshine and making sure America and half the world ATE..

I say this with total respect.. Engineers, build the stuff, BUT mechanics keep it going...NEVER an engineer in sight.. Civil Engineer, every now and the.. just to keep it "Civil" that is...

Now once again.. Figure out how to make it work..  I know the CAD system does work.. I just want an Earth Box NOW!! I was thinking about it before. NOW I will have "The Box"...

Regards
5:00 am in the morning until 2:00 am the following morning, the electrical is extra noisy. 21 hours of the day and night, I might be able to help that some way, WITHOUT killing the dynamics of my systems..OR my pocket book.. Junior my rabbit, need a new home.. I'm savin' :-)

Your house sits at the end of a long wire, i.e. inductor.  That wire is connected to a transformer (inductor). It is also connected to a wire (inductor).  That is in your neighborhood which is actually quieter from 5am - 6pm.

Yes, there can be more harmonics on the line during the day, but those are low frequency harmonics, i.e. in the KHz, low 10's of KHz.  All the high frequency noise, etc. from industrial never makes it through the wires. There is too much parasitic inductance and capacitance.

I cannot say whether or not any improvement from using one of these grounding boxes is "worth the money," but for some context, I thought the Nordost system made a bigger improvement in the system my local dealer used to demonstrate the product (high end system) than did power conditioners or high end power cords (as compared to decent but not extremely high priced cords).  The improvement in clarity and soundstaging  was quite impressive.
Post removed 
I'm not going to read through all the responses to this question but the OCD Guy video if anyone actually watched it says straight out that the box he built and I'm not sure that he actually sells them is not a replacement for a proper ground system outside your home.  He actually has a video( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9RPE4gDYCM&t=2s )  showing how he installed his power and ground.  Plus he shows the inside of the Cohiba cigar box that he used to make his ground box.  Very simple and he is the first one to state that he is not going to go in to some pseudo science on why it works.  He states that for someone living in a second story or higher apartment, residence that it may work if you cannot install a proper outdoor system.  As for the expensive Swedish stuff and the rest, I won't call them quackery (but that's what I kinda think) because I had dismissed other ideas, tweaks as ridiculous that I don't anymore.  Watching the OCD Guy's recent video on analog/digital comparison; outside of a dealer demo, the best video that I ever saw.