Ideas For Phono Cable For My Turntable.

I am looking to upgrade my phono cable which goes from my Technics SL1200g to my preamp.  It needs to be RCA on both ends with a ground wire. Presently I am using a VPI cable left over from my old Scout. The VPI cable was made by Discovery.  There is nothing wrong, I just want something better.  VH Audio has a Furutech silver cable at under $600 (max I want to spend) but never heard it and not sure I want silver. There is a Nordost Frey used for around $600 but never heard that either.  I am open to any ideas.  I want to keep the cable at 1 meter. 
128x128stereo5
@williewonka,

I had Andy at The Needle Clinic retip my cartridge last year. He replaced the cantilever and stylus with a Shibata.  The problem is that cartridge is not optimal with my arm and I never much cared for the sound of it. I bought it here, new from Audiofiel only because it was a real good deal. I had the older Dynavector DV20 before that and loved it. That’s why I want the newer one in the low output.  I think I will upgrade the cartridge and see how it sounds with my VPI phono cable before buying into another cable.  I really hate spending more money on cables as I have a large tote bag filled with cables I bought and tried. 
@chakster,

I think I am going to do that, I got nothing to lose. Thank you

You’re welcome. Give it a try and compare it to some other cables, I’m sure you will be surprised. I’m using several different Zu Audio phono cables, recently I got my speaker cable from Zu Audio for bi-wire configuration (for my Tannoy System 15 mk2) and this Mission speaker cable is real killer for the money!

Post removed 
Lots of good suggestions.

FWIW - One of my absolute faves is embarrassingly inexpensive. 
Developed specifically for the pro audio market, Mogami’s W2549 is their top-shelf, shielded twisted-pair balanced signal cable for microphones.

Using it unshielded and wired for a direct transfer from the cartridge produces outstanding results with every MC cartridge tried.

Hating to build cables, I’ve had Yannis Tome in the UK build them up with an additional drain wire exiting the rear of the output RCAs in case any EMI/RFI shielding is required.

My last two pair of 1.5m Straight DIN to Starline RCA were like $230 landed - that’s a ridiculous $115 per cable.
WyWires "Silver" phono cable at 40% off the $899 list should fit your need. They also take trades.