Best type of metal for turntable platform?

I have someone that owns a CNC machine. And machine for me a metal platform to the dimensions of 16 x 13 x 3. Ive heard aluminum is a good metal vs price for vibration reduction. Does anyone have any recommendations? Any input would help. Thanks. 
deanshias
@best-groove:     A plinth could be more a work of art*, made of that.        If cleverly equipped with an air bladder; very efficacious against footfalls.                                                               * Some Panzerholtz laminates are leg-wetter gorgeous!
Well.. yes.. the original question was for the platform.. but since someone else brought up footfalls.. which was always a bigger problem.. why not ask to get as much help on it. Ive asked about it in the past but the info you guys are giving is better than anything ive hearf in the past. Again.. i do have a friend with a CNC machine that can make almost any type of metal platform.. so yes.. any info does help with that.
I'll add my two cents: the kind of metal that isn;t metal.  Do a constrained-layer dampening plinth, and suspend it on whatever you want. Look it up - surprisingly easy and surprisingly effective.
You want something that will not resonate within the audio band (or anywhere it is likely to beat into the audio band)
"There's crawl space under my floor."

Then...

When weather permits crawl in and use basic/inexpenisve items to support the floor under your TT.

You would need to lift the joists (scissor jack form your car?) maybe half an inch, or so, and then block/support them with cinder blocks/and perhaps suitable non-compliant shims allowing gravity do it's job once the joists are lowered.

Hate crawl spaces myself, but once done (depending on the lower/ground surface) the remedy should last years, if not decades.

I used to place my TT's in closets (including unused Murphy bed closets) in old rental units due to to the added bracing/structure those specific areas afforded.

Curent TT is also in a closet (along with all the electronics), but for other reasons.

I now use specialty shelving, upturned brass spikes, et cetera, however my floor is quite stable (aside from the occasional earthquake and/or Air Force afterburner flyovers/drills).

A stable floor is the main goal, if it can be accomplished within reason/budget. 

DeKay