Best type of metal for turntable platform?

I have someone that owns a CNC machine. And machine for me a metal platform to the dimensions of 16 x 13 x 3. Ive heard aluminum is a good metal vs price for vibration reduction. Does anyone have any recommendations? Any input would help. Thanks. 
deanshias

Showing 2 responses by rodman99999

If I were to machine a plinth, I’d choose Corian, rather than any metal.      Even if it meant stacking and gluing sheets; to obtain an adequate thickness/depth.      I’ve used the stuff, in a number of installs/applications, for resonance control.      If your tools/CNC router bits are sharp; it machines nicely and can be polished to a beautiful finish.      It’s resonance damping characteristics are much better than any metal.     A thread regarding plinth materials: https://www.diyaudio.com/forums/analogue-source/312473-diy-cld-plinth-design-measured-approach.html
@best-groove:     A plinth could be more a work of art*, made of that.        If cleverly equipped with an air bladder; very efficacious against footfalls.                                                               * Some Panzerholtz laminates are leg-wetter gorgeous!