Acoustic treatment question: do you agree with Dennis Foley that $46k to $65k is required?

In a video from 1/29/2021 (yesterday) Dennis Foley, Acoustic Fields warns people about acoustic treatment budgets. He asserts in this video that treatment will likely require (summing up the transcript):

Low end treatment: $5-10k

Middle-high frequency: $1-1.5k

Diffusion: Walls $10-15k, Ceiling: $30, 40, 50k

https://youtu.be/6YnBn1maTTM?t=160

Ostensibly, this is done in the spirit of educating people who think they can do treatment for less than this.

People here have warned about some of his advice. Is this more troubling information or is he on target?

For those here who have treated their rooms to their own satisfaction, what do you think of his numbers?

128x128hilde45
Acoustic treatment question: do you agree with Dennis Foley that $46k to $65k is required?

Absolutely!!  Can't wait to drop $46K to $65K in my man cave. 

To a near certainty, I expect that when my wife see what I did (or propose to do) to my sound room (in HER house) and how much it will cost, ... she'll drop me, my stereo and the room treatments on the sidewalk and change the locks.  :) 

When my children and wife look at my room they refrain themselves to call a psychiatric unit, but when they listen to my music, they forgot to call the medic and thyy "this is so good"... Then this is the reason i walk free....But she dislike my audio room....But she like the fact that no more costly upgrades  are in my backhead at all...She keep me...

😊
IF it did cost that much to get great or even good sound, I'd be on a headphone rampage.. 

I want to add some heavy HEAVY curtains the full width of my room in front of 2 36" french door..  It was close to 5K for really good curtains runners, motors, the whole shabang.. I think it will take an honest 7-8k so I can stand to look at it..  Two more curtains on the long walls. In my room.

The better sounding rooms to me use curtains, Easy to over dampen a room. Some music needs more than others.. A friend of mine set his room up that way.. Just open or close the curtains.. Easy to clean..
He has 15k in his set up... about 70 feet of full length curtains.. Ceiling treatment and moves a heavy  bear skin rug in front of him.. Staring at that bear while listening, kinda weird.. Sure works good though..

The only problem WAS line of sight remotes and equipment behind curtains..He has it all figured out now..

The weird, block diffusers, YUK..
I like beautiful things.. curves.. Not spectral decay charts on the walls.. :-)

Regards
Post removed 
Well, I have made the point in this very forum that there is a minimum amount of critical mass needed before you take a live room and tame it enough to get real improvements.  Four 2'x4' panels?  Probably not a lot of benefit.  Maybe 6-8 panels plus some serious bass traps... now we are talking!

I should point out that while I am a big fan of GIK, especially for their advice services, ATS acoustics is also very good and even more reasonable.