Best small speakers?

I'm looking for great sound at the best price... spending around 5K, am i going to get better sound and with small monitor speakers like the B&W 805's or Harbeth? I have Paradigm S-8s now... they are big sound alright, but i think if i spent the same money on a great smaller speaker i would get more for my money as far as sound goes... ? I have an above average system, rouge 180 monoblocks, shanata cables, conditioner etc.
bobmclean
Why settle for small speakers that have higher distortion
mid Bass thump and bright highs when driven to their limit...
Take a listen to Full Range like a Vandy Quatro still a smaller profile or Five A both offer room compensation will never overload your room and deliver more seamless enjoyable music.
Best JohnnyR
Audience, made in Southern California are terrific.
Huge, open sound.....when I walked into the demo room, I thought the big-brother line source speakers were playing.
These are full-range multi-driver speakers with a passive radiator.
And for the full pop of $5k, really nice. Model? 2+2

http://www.audience-av.com/images/ClairAudient_2.jpg
Harmonic Precision Caravelles; They blow away every monitor mentioned so far and with a good, musical sub, unbelievable. Too bad employee theft destroyed the company and builder. Check out the pair for sale on audiogon now and my review I wrote comparing to my MAXX 1's.
As noted above, Gallo 3.5s excellent and small. Can be had new at your pricepoint, I reckon. For much less, the Selah Veritas is a fine speaker in a small package at 2k.

No experience on mating these with your amps.

John