Stereo systems are like Harleys

You'll never see two exactly alike. They are an expression of the owners ideas on design and performance, usually within the construct of a budget. Often put together over time with new and used parts.

I love that about this hobby. How boring would it be if we all had the same ideas of how a system should sound or look?

When you go to any kind of a rally, be it a poker run, charity ride or whatever.... it's customary to just walk around, checking out other peoples rides and chatting it up. It's a great way to meet people and have fun. Oddly, those bikers who's stigma is to be rowdy and obnoxious, are the nicest people I've met. Never once have I ever heard comments like DUH you should done this or that with your bike. Everything and everybody is accepted as is.

Perhaps some folks around here could learn a thing or two from the bikers. 

treynolds155
I’ve never heard of a hi-fi rally- maybe car stereo stuff though; you can meet other peeps on your motorsickle but you can't drag your monoblocks to a car park
When most Harley riders looked at my airhead BMW or Guzzis they'd scoff or say something smart like this actual example, "they must be good because they're awfully ugly".  The ones who were real motorcyclists and in the know admired the machines and knew their capabilities.

There used to be a T-shirt I saw occasionally at BMW rallies that read "if Harley Davidson built an airplane would you fly in it"?   LOL

I thought you were gonna say "because the low frequencies of both hit you in the groin"!

You have to give a nod to the pirate spirit of bikers...until it crosses the line.

I remember, decades ago, hitchhiking across Canada, after the band vehicle broke down mid-tour. Between Wawa and thunder Bay, Ontario. Far from home in BC.

The guy who picked us up near Calgary had just got out of prison. He was adamant he would take me and Veronica [Tangent, our sex bomb singer] to the Calgary Stampede, but first he had to pick up his girlfriend.

This woman told us stories about the Hell’s Angels saving her life in the past. And that because of that, whenever they [rarely] asked her to do something, she had to put down what she was doing, and do their bidding.

I like Robin Hood "banditos" as much as the next guy, but controlling women crosses a very serious line.

Just meant as an interesting story to somehow fit in with the first post.
  At 63 years old, I’ve grown up with both. At 17 years of age I had Dynaco MK III’s , JBL 100’s and a Garrard  TT. My bike was a Ness framed, 900 cc cast iron Sportster my friend built . The Danny Gray custom seat cost $60. It was Pearl peach with gold leaf . Tank held about 1.5 gallons and it looked good sitting still .                            Fast forward to the present I have a stage III 2000 Buell and a stage I 2000 Road King . My current system is a Rogue pre and a Had Inspire amp . So 45 years later it’s still tubes and carburetors. Many personalities and experiences along the way . I’m friends with the Mathews family that has the dealership in Fresno . Harold was a world class hill climber and his collection of bikes makes up the majority of photos in the oversize coffee table books that are published. I grew up hanging out in Stereo and repair shops . I’ve logged countless races ( as a fan )  at San Jose and Sacramento miles , Laguna Seca and Riverside . Fresno has produced many racing champs in every discipline of cars and motorcycles. During my life I’ve crashed bikes and blown up  stereo equipment, and survived . My firearms experience is equal too, but that’s for another day . I’ve hung with the 1% crowd , but I neither admire or fear them . As a kid , I grew up on dirt bikes and listened to my Crystal Radio. Then it was a custom van and a modified RD 400. Since then, I’ve always had a Harley and a stereo . I’ve never considered myself a BIKER , I’m a motorcyclist. I never considered the HD Vs Tube comparison much , but they both have big personalities and huge quirks . BTW my Buell will hit 150 mph. Thanks for allowing me to stroll down memory lane. Regards , Mike B.