Stereo systems are like Harleys

You'll never see two exactly alike. They are an expression of the owners ideas on design and performance, usually within the construct of a budget. Often put together over time with new and used parts.

I love that about this hobby. How boring would it be if we all had the same ideas of how a system should sound or look?

When you go to any kind of a rally, be it a poker run, charity ride or whatever.... it's customary to just walk around, checking out other peoples rides and chatting it up. It's a great way to meet people and have fun. Oddly, those bikers who's stigma is to be rowdy and obnoxious, are the nicest people I've met. Never once have I ever heard comments like DUH you should done this or that with your bike. Everything and everybody is accepted as is.

Perhaps some folks around here could learn a thing or two from the bikers. 

treynolds155
I traded my Road King for a minivan over 15 years ago.  Now I listen to music with my 15 year old.  :-)
Just a little virtue signaling there.  Only hurts when I laugh, haha.

Stereos may be like Harleys, but audiophiles are not like bikers.

The band I was a member of in '75 got hired by the owner of a motorcycle repair and customizing shop on El Camino Real somewhere between San Jose and San Francisco to play at a party he was throwing in the shop. The band played Jump Blues music, a very danceable genre.

Seeing a bunch of burly guys with beards and long hair, black leather jackets over Levi jean jackets, stiff blue jeans and motorcycle boots dancing without female partners was a sight to behold. I kept my bemusement to myself ;-) . 

All the guys were chugging bottles of beer, using it to wash down whatever pills they were swallowing. It didn't take but about a half hour for things to turn ugly. Altamont came to mind. Aggressive personality traits mixed with speed creates quite a little monster. The shop owner came to the band's rescue, and the party was over.

Audiophiles, on the other hand, are a bunch of p*ssies ;-) .

Yeah we all have our own ideas but not only that diferent experiences and ears make the differences as well, but the main difference is listening time to music the more you listen the more you will know what good sound is.