Own Magnepans? Got Cats?

Just got two 14-week-old Pixie-Bob (bobcat cousin) brother & sister kits, and they're now loose in the house... So, to protect my prize 1.6's, I made anti-climb covers for them; simple, cheap & easy to place & remove. One 4x8' sheet of 1/8" thick black foam-core board from the local art supply store made a pair of protectors for the 1.6 (and with zero scraps).

Cut the 4x8' sheet in half to make two 4x4's, score vertically at given points with a sharp mat knife to about 3/4 of the foam-core's depth, bend to a box shape, wrap around the speaker fronts, and use stick-on hooks in the back to connect where the edges meet. I also cut small square holes where the cables enter. The "boxes" are 20" wide and 4" deep. (If these cats decide they want to jump higher than four feet, I guess I'm in trouble.)

Email me for photos of the finished product if interested (I'll send a pic of the kitties, too).
ggeers222
No pets for me!!! I won't feed my amp and speaker and have to feed a cat that sprays all over to mark there area, NO THANKS
10 years with my cat and stereo.  She shows no interest in my stereo and has never touched it.  I guess Im lucky.  Worst she does is wants is for me to constantly let her in and out of the listening room.  She has 4 chairs in the listening room, I have 1. I guess we know who’s the boss.

French doors. Our cats were never allowed in the room with the stereo. Just so much that can go wrong. They have the run of the hall, bedrooms and bathrooms, along with the sun room when we are there. The television is in the sun room. The cats are not allowed in the kitchen or stereo room.
I never had cat trouble with Magnepans back when I owned them in the early 1980s, but our cat once gorged on dog food then reguritated into the top of a nearly new Lexicon DC-1 pre/pro.  Repairs cost $450.00.