Reliability of Dutch & Dutch 8C speakers

Kal Rubinson gives a rave review of these speaker in Stereophile, but Darko, while agreeing that they sound great, seems to concentrate on the several failed units that were provided for review.  Anyone have experience with these speakers?
Ag insider logo xs@2xdbphd
djones51, I do not have an average room. The ambient noise level is about 8dB below the average quiet room in a home. It has been compared by Bill Dudleston of Legacy Audio to having the characteristics of a mastering studio. I believe the last time I checked with a couple of dB meters, the average ambient noise level was 13dB, somewhere between calm breathing and leaves rustling. It is akin to walking into a vault at a bank as acoustically the room has the feel of being completely isolated from the rest of the house. 

So, noises that would be masked in the average listening room are not  in my room. If a filament is buzzing in one of the wall sconce bulbs, I hear it.

It's nice for owners that the fan does not seem to be a problem.  
If your listening position is at least 2.5 meters and breathing is 10db you wouldn't hear the fan if it ever kicked on assuming you breathe of course.
This question comes up with active speakers regardless of brand. D&D is probably the best bang for the buck in hifi right now. I don’t own them, have nothing invested and currently have more speakers than rooms to play them in, but there’s a thorough owners thread on wbf for anyone serious about them.

Dutch & Dutch 8c Speakers https://www.whatsbestforum.com/threads/dutch-dutch-8c-speakers.31113/
Hi,I have a pair of 8C's for about a year now and they sound fantastic. I did have one problem with one of my speakers it was outputting about 4-5dB less than the other one. I filled out the support form on-line explaining what the problem was along with the serial number and within 2 days they problem was resolved remotely. Each speaker has to be connected to the internet and you can leave them on all the time. Any other questions let me knowRich

Is there any possible need for an external DAC (audiophile grade)?  Any need for a sub?

It seems too good to be true:  I can get rid of my amp, DAC, big speakers, cables and sub and get these active speakers and along with a good streamer listen to Tidal/Roon with as good or better sound and pocket money from my gear sale? Is that right?