Reliability of Dutch & Dutch 8C speakers

Kal Rubinson gives a rave review of these speaker in Stereophile, but Darko, while agreeing that they sound great, seems to concentrate on the several failed units that were provided for review.  Anyone have experience with these speakers?
Ag insider logo xs@2xdbphd
I have never heard the fans. If you listen to the speakers muted you may hear the fans. Don’t know. I usually play music through them. The flashing LEDs inside the base of the speaker and network ports are a little irritating though. I imagine they are part of the computer inside. Would be nice to be able to extinguish them when listening in the dark.
“I have never heard the fans. If you listen to the speakers muted you may hear the fans. Don’t know. I usually play music through them”

Much of the music that I like and listen to has passages that go silent.  Quite a bit of music has quiet passages as well.

I'm with Douglas again on this one.

I also listen to music that has quiet passages and I’ve never heard the fans. I have just been listening to loud rock for an hour or so in a warm room, muted the speakers and listened for the fans directly under the speakers. What I heard was silence. Are my fans faulty? Should I return the speakers and demand that the fans be audible?
LoL, I never heard the fans either when I had Dutch and Dutch 8c. From your listening position the ambient room noise would mask them even in the quietest of passages in  classical music. 
I have two customers who own the Dutch & Dutch 8c. One is a very experienced ultra-hard-core audiophile with a superb dedicated room, and the other is an extremely meticulous recording engineer. The latter owns the first pair that came into the US.

I cannot imagine either of them tolerating any audible fan noise.

Duke