Neil Young calls out Tidal

TIDAL is calling their files of my songs Masters. But TIDAL’s MQA files are not my masters. I make my masters - not TIDAL. I made my masters the way I wanted them to sound. If TIDAL referred to their titles as TIDAL MASTERS, I would have no problem, but they don’t. They call them Masters. I had my music removed from that platform. They are not my masters.”.

https://www.realhd-audio.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/01/210118_NYA.jpg

128x128fuzztone
Vinyl is forever! (unless you melt it or damage it yourself). He rereleased all his best albums on vinyl a couple years ago and they sound great.

Neil is quite grumpy, but he's an old man. He should have a better outlook being married to Darryl Hannah. Don't know what Jackson Browne was thinking....
Post removed 
Actually Mr. Young became an American citizen a year ago today.  Happy Anniversary, Neil!
cmaier3
Maybe he’s just petty and jealous because his audiophile alternative failed.
Not likely. And Qobuz has tons of his music.
Yes, Qobuz shows over 300 Neil Young albums. Plenty are hi-res and although I do enjoy some of his work over the years, I don't care what ole Neil thinks about politics outside of the music industry.

Some years back, I saw Neil Young at Madison Square Garden. Good show but he didn't play "Rocking in the Free World."
I think he doesn't like how the "anthem" was adopted by people who love America. On the way out, I said amidst the departing crowd, how could he not play it? 

A little girl of about five atop her father's shoulders heard me and replied, "Me too, it's my favorite song."

Her disappointment has stayed with me all these years later. So Neil, it's your music, do what you like. Qobuz it is.