Benefit of a Newer (Used) DAC - "Bang for the Buck?"

Despite having a SO who fails to understand why anyone would spend more than $100 on a “radio,” I’ve managed (over several years) to covertly assemble a fairly decent home audio system.  (My prize acquisition being a $500 set of LN Belle Klipsch loudspeakers off CraigsList).

At any rate, relying on quality used equipment that is past its technological “expiration date” has, under the circumstances, served me reasonably well. However, I’m now to the point where I’d like to (again) update several components – namely, the DAC.  

I’m currently running a Cambridge CXC transport through a Genesis digital lens and a Muse Model Two DAC – both of which, while fully functional, are fairly dated.  Realistically, how much noticeable impact can I expect from a newer (used) DAC – like a Bryston BDA-2 or MHDT Pagoda (for example)?  FWIW, my current setup does everything I need it to (i.e., play Red Book CDs).

In advance, thanks for any advice/feedback.

tds3371
@tds3371 I agree with @cal3713 Don't sweat the balanced design and go with the DAC that sounds the best to your ears.
Post removed 

@cal3713 - My intent is to run the balanced DAC outputs to a balanced headphone amp and the single-ended outputs to the integrated power source - both of which are tubed-based. While the addition of a properly configured preamp (for example) could offer other connection alternatives, your point is well taken:  A truly balanced DAC could alter the sound "profile" I've become accustomed to in my current setup. I'll certainly check into some of the ASR measurements.

@rareace - True.  I may be unnecessarily limiting myself based on "logistical" concerns.

I agree with @cal3713 Don’t sweat the balanced design and go with the DAC that sounds the best to your ears.

i too support this ^^^ - chasing balanced output over SQ is tail wagging dog

if you must have balanced, try ayre codex or dena pontus

even better (and more expensive) are sonnet and metrums with true balanced outs
Post removed