Does it annoy you when companies don't show the internals of electronics ?

I noticed that merrill audio and mcintosh general don't show all the internals of their electronics. A friend of mine actually asked merrill to see pics of the internals of their amps and pres. The remark from merrill... 'people listen to how they sound they don't look at whats inside.'

But why hide it? Are they trying to protect some secrets of their tech? Might as well just show it... if you have dones something truly exceptional people will appreciate that and its going to be that easy to rip off.
smodtactical
Look at the care Luxman takes with the wiring of their integrated amps and you can guess the same level of care was applied to the rest of the product. If the wiring of a competitors integrated amp looks like it's spaghetti that's likely a tell.about the rest of its composition. Which would you bet on for reliability for example. 

As an analogy, if you are doing any home remodeling and you see the electrical systems looks like a mess in a similar fashion, it would be surprising the rest of the homes construction was not of the same poor quality. That's not to say the power at the outlets didn't work the same for either a neat or a sloppy wiring system when you plug in your vacuum cleaner. 

Mike
Actually very simple. If it is well laid out, it is repairable. A rats nest, maybe. Stuffed circuit boards aren’t bad unless are direct mounted, then need to replace whole board if can. Point to point is not easier than have glass epoxy boards 

OP, as you know I am a big fan of CODA and Pass, they both LOVE to show off their internals and don't make a fuss when you pop the hood. Also Denafrips like to show you their underwear. I am of the opinion when it comes to women and hifi, date the ones that aren't shy about being naked.
I know nothing about electronics, but when I first went about acquiring some higher end equipment, I read a lot of reviews.  What settled me on the Parasound A21, besides the price and the good reviews, was when I saw the top off and saw the inside. I thought it looked so nice, so well made, that I had to have it.  I would like to get a Plexiglas top to show it off.

Generally, it doesn't bother me to not see inside, unless I might want to buy it. I like to see neat layouts, as it suggests the thing was carefully made. 
Oldhvymec 

You obviously have no fing clue as to what your looking at.  I assume you are referring to the Volume Control ? Which is a fully balanced relay based attenuator.  Perhaps put on your spectacles and give it a closer look.

Good Listening
Peter